..... my not so exciting ventures into gardening, self sufficiency, getting solar electricity & hot water & pretty much life in general in a small country town .....

Friday, September 18, 2009

Going to Seed :(

With the warmer weather we've been having (27 degrees on Wednesday!), most of my winter vegies are going to seed.

Bye bye Sugarloaf cabbages....although I still may get a few.


Farewell Brussel Sprouts.....I still wouldn't have eaten them but they were for my lovely MIL.
At least the rabbit & guinea pig will appreciate them.

But at least the Broccoli are still going strong!


In the greenhouse, the seeds are starting to shoot for my Summer crops.







I'm even trying herbs from seed & no doubt I've planted far too many - at least I can give them away. Also planted marigolds & nasturtiums for a first time companion planting experiment.






















































































































3 comments:

  1. Hi Nic, the vegies are looking great. Our Brussell Sprouts didnt do too well this year but the "gerls" loved them and it kept them occupied whilst the builders are here during the day :O)

    Yum that brocolli looks great.

    You may end up with herbs coming out - well you know what I mean....hehe.

    Keep up the great work

    Millie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIc our seeds were all sown then on recently some how a whole lot of individual seeding pots, (20) were knocked off the top of the fridge(where they sit to keep warm in their little bubble wrap blankets. So today will be resowing and labeling them. There is something really lovely about seeing your seeds come up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies - been in hospital otherwise I would have replied earlier.

    Yes there is something very satisfying about seeing your seeds emerge & then potting them on.
    & so disappointing to come home after hospital to find that noone has watered them :(
    Oh well back to the drawing board!

    ReplyDelete